By Matthew Romasanta
The Marook (mah-roo-k) is a mammalian creature from an alternate universe.
- Coarse Fur (Full length—3 feet, fully retracted—3 inches)
- can fly but chooses not to.
- has nub teeth (gapped and yellowed)
- propels itself forward with fur
- approximately 3ft tall
- 9ft long tongue (dark pinkish, redish, purple with small hairs)
- produces murky milk with 3 breasts on its back
- microscopic ears and nose on its tongue
- rough naked skin on underside
- poisonous stinging fur
- 1 to 4 all black eyes (the black holes that appear to be nostrils are eyes for extra sharp near site)
- the eye lids close vertically
- produces slimy substance to reduce friction while moving.
Art by Tyler Craft http://theartoftc.tumblr.com/
Creatures Down Deep. Stage #2—foreground color.
Art by Tyler Craft
edited by Gabrielle Craft
Creatures Down Deep. Stage #1 without color.
Keep me up
Kept me up
Slosh through the bright and blinding sun
on my way to a job that’s just no fun
Drown out the sounds of daily routine
sleepwalk through life
try not to be seen
Punch the clock
kick off my shoes.
shake off the working class blues
A dream of flight
A sleepless night
I take out the pad and write away
A kettle boils, steams and pops
Hot pot of coffee
Please help to fend sleep off
By Michael Lorenzo Porter
A face in the rain, wet bread crumbs for sick birds and the smell of feces.
Welcome to the Farmer’s Market of Walthamstow.
No, we’ll take your coat—and run off with it.
Mind your wallet. Mind your step. mind your mind in the sea of shit.
Unholy matrimony between fish and sidewalks bathed in dry gum.
Kids pushing and fighting over a stale waffle covered in mold and cream, an old woman with more bags then her bent spine can handle.
It’s a real mess in the street but it’s lovely somehow.